Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Where to start on Day 1

Have had a day-off today. No clients. Prepared for my trip to Las Vegas tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day, to spend with my daughter, son-in-law and my Grandson. I'm like a little child... I get so excited to see my family. Unfortunately, my son, who lives and works in Hong Kong will be unable to join us, although he'll be with us in spirit.

Now is the time to say "Thank-you" to three wonderful people who are largely responsible for this Blog. One person is a Client who pressed me about 10 years ago to write a book entitled "The Pulse of the City," incorporating those Cab Stories we are going to embark upon in the near future. Another Client, one that I consider my Mentor, although he talks techno well over my head, enticed me enough to research the details of what he was talking about, which was putting up a "blog". Through our conversations every Monday and Thursday this site came to being. And finally, my fun-loving web designer of www.prestigeride.com came into play. Knowing nothing about the world of blogs, she figured a way to set one up for me. Fabulous work !!

My personal tribute to all of you!!

Oh, I did have a relatively new client call me to schedule appointments for next week. I suggested he e-mail me with all the dates and details. As you can imagine, it is impossible to drive and write down all that information. And so he did. When I got home I received his e-mail with the information needed to take care of his travel plans to and from SFO. Of course, private drivers are generally the last person people think of when they travel. We are then expected to meet their needs as though we have no other clients. And so we do, always making the client feel important as we meet their needs.

Something else needs to be explained. After driving a cab for all those years, I decided to develop my own business. You guessed right... the infamous Limousine Business. So I converted my taxicab customers over to the Limousine business, which you will hear more about on an ongoing basis. I still drive my Cab a few days a week just to keep my "fingers" in the business and to have a mental cushion (revenue insurance) should something happen unexpected in the other business. So I will draw my stories from both. Both of these transportation ventures will provide "juicy" and "dicey" stories as well as human interest stories.

Will be back on Friday. Have two Clients to take from SF to SFO. And the other from SFO to SF. My client, traveling on Friday, lives on Nob Hill and in Indonesia and is truly an interesting individual. Will go into details about him on Friday.

Have a FUN Thanksgiving!!

Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home