Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cab driving day

Out the Gates I go in my Yellow machine.

Remember "The Pulse of the City"? It's 4:00am and I'm leaving to go get my regular client in Noe Vally and take him downtown to work. What a character. Moved here from Brooklyn several years ago. He's a great guy! More about him in the future.

Head up Market street lookng for Flags. Get the Red Light at 6th. Amazing all the late night life still out there simply hanging out. Some of course, seeking Crack. Off we go on the Green. Don't want to hang out in this area (Tenderlion) too long. Got to Church and Market where I catch a Flag. Young man not going too far. But a ride is a ride regardless of the amount. Afterall, that's dollars I didn't have before. Anyhow, he asks me if I smoke weed. No. He said he had extra to share. Well that was a "Red Flag". Cause when I got to the location he wanted, he said he would be right back. Had to go inside and get the money. That he would leave the weed till he came back. Of course, you guessed right...he never came back. But, I already knew that. Weed anyone?

Passed by Fillmore and Haight (Another Crack corner) watching the sellers look at me as if I was looking to score for a customer. Not this go around fellas. Back into the Castro seeing if I can catch an Airport. Bingo, got one from an address that came thur the cab computer. Came back from SFO thru the Sunset seeking another trip to SFO. Or finding flags when Muni is down. Traffic staring to pick-up. Seeing more people getting to work. Daylight is coming up. City starting to come alive. Of course, traffic as well. Caught a ride downtown. then back out to Pacific Heights to seek out more poeple neding a cab to work or those who don't want to wait on Muni. As the morning moves along, traffic getting heavier. Business brisky! This will be a good day.

Time to go get another regular. This one is beyond interesting. Has Aids. But a remarkable long-term survivor. Came to SF from Brooklyn years ago. Worked as a bartender in one of the City's Hottest Gay Bar. Then he took a detour with Drugs. And joined the underworld of deceitful survival. And then a five year break as a guest of the Governement. Upon returning to society he made a beyond remarkable turn around of his life. For all this...I totally have fond respect for him.

A little more than self confident and thinks highly of himself. Thinks he is a gift to other men. Nothing wrong with that. Anyhow, he gets in the Cab and proceeds to tell me about an Actor from NY who was in Sf preforming. And the actor came to his table and immediatley started "hitting" on him. And he asks my customer about his Italian Sausage. And that he would like to take him home to fulfill all his pleasures. And the conversation continues. Little too raunchy to put into print. Dropped him off at SF General Hospital.

Then dropped over the hill to turn in the Cab. See you ina few days. Back to the Lmousine. Oh, have another interesting Client to tell you about .............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home