Saturday, March 18, 2006

Pandering for a Customer

What a busy week it had been. Lot's of conventions in town. The Cab Business had been great.
Anyhow, was low on energy so I decided to stop at the Hilton a rest for a while. Wrong. The Cab line was moving fairly quick. My turn. A middle aged executive type gets in and asks if I would assist him. Sure I said...not knowing what I was getting into. So off we went. He wanted to find a "Working Lady". I explained to him that I would take him to an area where they hangout. But it was up to him to get out of the cab and make a deal with whomever he wanted, as it was illegal for me to work with him from inside that Cab. So we went to Bush and Van Ness and to Bush and Larkin lookng for the working girls. He kept checking out the ladies as we rode around and arond and around. Somehow, no one seemed to appeal to him. So I dropped down to Polk and Post to see if any others and mixed in with the Transvesttes. Low and behold, he asked me for my opinion on one the the ladies. I explained to him that the lady was a TV. So we proceeded to go arond again. Only to be asked what I thought of another lay. Once again, I explained to him that the lady was a TV. Now, I ealized what he really wanted!! So I said, I had no problem if he wanted a TV. It's all about personal choice. Then he asked if I would be interested in "sharing". I said no, and that I was not into TV's. He kept persisiting saying we cold have FUN. Again, I said no. Then he asked why not. Bottle of Jack Daniels and all. Well, since I don't drink and drive, that was not an option. Finally, he offered to pay me 50.00 for my time with a TV in his room. Well, 50.00 would not cover my time. Thought that would get ride of the question. Now he ups the amount to 100.00. tempting. Still I had no interest with a 3-way involving a TV. Should have called 3$bill. He would have "jumped" on the idea, especially the money part. Finally,I had to say to the customer that he had to make a decision not involving me or that I would conclude the trip. Which we did back to the Hilton Hotel. He paid the fair and tipped me nicely along with his Business card in the event I changed my mind.

Just another day in the Cab!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home