Monday, January 02, 2006

The Great New Year's evening

What a night !! And Thank Goodness NO rain. Sure made driving much easier and safer, at least for some of us. The locals all seem to know the streets well. It's the out of town people who get confused. And that's where the accidents and near misses occur. Along with those who still seem to think they can drink alcoholic beverages and drive.

Had a real busy evening taking people from bar to bar and party to party. Resturants, of course too. Along he way, the smart thinking people will be asking for your business card hoping they can get you to come back. And those are the ones that tipped very well knowing that it would take to get you to come back. Of course, it worked for me.

And as the evening went on, people became louder and louder. Wanting more festive music, other than my Classical. So I accomodate their desires, so long as it was not Rap...which I cannot stand.

Someplace along the way, I looked into the back seat. The floor was starting to get covered with seiuquins. (not sure of the spelling - but you know what I mean). Along with a few plastic glasses, etc.

I made only one mistake of the evening. I pick-up one male and three females going to the Richmnd District. 42nd and Anza. At the time, they all seemed to be ok. Wrong! After they got in, I realized the male was drunk. By the time I got the the destination, he had passed out. The two females seemed ok. I guess they were his dates? As they had no idea where they were. I had told him in the beginning of the trip it would be about 30.00. He replied "no probelm" well it was!! He had only $11.00. So, I told him I was actually at the wrong streets. And explained I would take him to the correct intersection. He was so drunk that he had no idea I was actually at 42nd and Anza. So I proceeded over to California and Arguello where I told him and the two females that they were at the correct address. They all got out. With them having no money to take another cab, if they could find one, it would be one long walk. As I turned around I rolled the window down and said "Happy New Year" Have a nice walk home !!

I learned my lesson well for the remainder of the evening. Money up front !! And better have both your feet planted firmly on the ground....or you will not get in.

At about 3:30am I stopped at O'Farrell and Polk to get a sandwich. When I came out, they was a man about my age with shorts on and a light jacket asking if I could take him Berkeley. He seemed ok. Probably starting to sober-up. So I told him I need 50.00 up front. He got in and gave me 50.00. Off we went. All he kept saying was "nice car, nice music". Over and over, again. So I finally asked him what he did for a living. He told me that he was an Anouncer for the World Wrestling Federation when he was not drunk. Amazing!! Anyhow, got him home and back to SF for a few more rides.

Got off the Bay Bridge and proceeded up Harrison. Flags all over the place. So I say one lone individual around 9th Sts. One is certainly better than a large group. Not so, in this case. He got in and asked to go to 14th and Noe. Wish I had taken the groups instead. Too bad 3$ Bill wasn't driving!! this one would have been perfect for him. On the way up Market, he said he was very "horney" Here we go...........I kinda new what was coming next. just from experience. He too, was starting to sober up. He next words were "Can I give you a head job" My answer was NO!
He persisted. Finally, I said it would costs him $200.00. He came back with I have 25.00 left. Would that be ok. Sorry, I said. it would not be. By that time I was at 14th and Noe. Yet, he continued. So I got out of the car, I went around and opened his door. Told him he had better get out FAST or I would drag his sorry ass out in the middle of the street. And plan to pay me Know. Which he did. Never ceases to amaze me how daring people get when they have a few drinks in themselves.

Overall, very profitable evening. And lot's of FUN. Happy New Year to everyone!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon,

If the guys cute or what I would consider cute, just bring him too my house. Please call first, I might be busy and not able to reach the phone or talk.
Your worth more than $200.00. You should charge by the inch. I guess $20.00 per inch would be right. I have a credit card, this might be your LAST chance to be with my fabulosity!!!!!
3$Bill

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home